9/19/14

GREAT NEWS!

I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY GIRLS WHO GOT CHOSEN TO BE A PART OF THE...........
AND I'M SO EXCITED TO MEET THE OTHER CANDY GIRLS! SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Eight years ago, I was an 11-year old 6th-grader burying my nose through my older cousin's copies of Candy Magazine. My beloved ate Camae had tons of them, all neatly arranged on a shelf in her room. I remember spending most of the day reading one issue after the other. I just can't seem to stop flipping through the glossy pages of Candy, admiring the pretty models, answering the quizzes, and of course, reading the articles fervently. I remember developing an interest in reading novels and magazines at an early age, and then getting inspired to finally put my ideas into writing. I got mentored by my class adviser for feature writing and I also became on of the school's representatives for a journalism contest. Reaching the national level(3rd level) of the competition has brought me pride, joy, and inspiration to keep improving my writing skills. 

I am now a 19-year old 4th year Mass Communication student, and I'm still in love with Candy Magazine. I have always had this wish in my heart to work for Candy someday. I have never been more sure about what I wanted to do after I graduate. "My passion for writing is geared towards inspiring my fellow Candy Girls to find their voice, and speak their mind." This is what I've put in my essay when I applied for the Council of Cool. As I journey on with my college life, I realized that I want my future career to be something that would let me do what I love, while inspiring my fellow youth to go in the direction of their dreams as well.

And as if my sheer love for writing wasn't enough to inspire me, God gave me signs (i'd like to believe that they were signs indeed).

1. The reactions of my friends when I posted a photo of a souvenir from the 2010 Candy Fair :) *OOPS Moment?*

2. My letters to Candy getting published on the Caught on Candy section <3
June 2011
Spetember 2012. This time, with my photo! :)

3. Being candymag.com's IT GIRL ON THE WEB last July 2013 
(link on features section of my blog)

4. The most recent one, meeting Candy's EIC, Ms. Marla Miniano during the Design Her Story Conference :"> Ms. Marla also signed my book, Table For Two. Have you guys read that? I love it <3
*FANGIRL MODE:ON*

Well, there you go :) I hope this inspires you to finally start on your journey to reaching THAT dream, whatever it may be. Remember that you are capable of great things! Unleash your potential; practice your craft and get inspired. Sure, it gets a little scary and overwhelming sometimes, but you know what they say, "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough." 

#TrueBlueCandyGirl

xxMacee

No comments:

Post a Comment